Closing apps is a necessary process for any iPhone user. Whether you’re done with an app or it’s just not your cup of tea, you can close it from the home screen. With iOS 11 and new iPhones, there are now more ways to close apps! Here are some of the best ways to close apps on your iPhone 11.
How to close an app from anywhere on your iPhone
There are a few ways you can close an app on your iPhone 11. Here are some of the best:
– Double-clicking the home button
– Swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen
– Pressing and holding the Home button until all apps fly off the screen
How to close an app from your home screen
For those who are new to iPhone and not familiar with the home screen, there are two ways to close an app from your home screen.
1) Swipe up on the app icon.
2) Press the “X” in the top-right corner of each app.
Close apps in the multitasking bar
This is one of the easiest ways to close apps on your iPhone 11. On the home screen, swipe up from the bottom to open the multitasking bar. From there, swipe left on an app and tap “close”.
Another way to close apps in the multitasking bar is to double-press the Home button with an app still open. This will bring up a list of all apps on your device and allow you to quickly close any that you want. If you’re using a new iPhone 11, this feature isn’t available yet, but it should be soon!
Close apps with Siri.
The most convenient way to close apps on your iPhone is with Siri. Just ask her to close whatever app you want. Her voice will tell you which apps are open and give you the option to close any of them.
You can also use Siri saying, “Close [app name].” She’ll then provide a list of all the open apps with options for closing each one individually.
Siri does not support all apps; it’s not possible to ask her to close every single app on your phone, but she will help you out in a pinch!
Closing an app on your iPhone is never a bad idea. Closing apps you don’t use, and are not the top priority for you, is a great way to free up storage space and preserve battery life. Here are some tips on how to close apps on your iPhone–
- From anywhere – Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the multitasking bar. Double tap on the app you want to close, swipe left then tap the red minus sign to close the app
- From your home screen – Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap the X icon in the top right-hand corner of the app’s icon.
- Multitasking bar – Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap on the multitasking button at the bottom of your screen.
- Siri – Press and hold down on an app icon in your home screen and say “Close app”.